Wednesday, August 26, 2009

McKay's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Well, I made it! I've been dreading this day for awhile knowing that it would be hard to send my "sidekick" to school. The other day I said to him, "McKay, what is Mom going to do with herself when you are at school?" McKay said, "Mom, be brave! You'll be fine. And would you stop asking me that?!!?" So, today I am being brave! It's a tough thing to do for a mom that just saw a chapter in her life close and another one open in one moment, but I'm doing my best to take McKay's advice (as I sit here and choke back the tears...)


My 5 year old little boy




McKay was too excited to wait until 12:05 pm so we walked over early and waited outside with a few of his classmates.


All of my kids started kindergarten at Ellis Elementary


Kambree Watt and McKay



I was feeling a little blue as I left the classroom and realized that Hallie was out at lunch recess so I found her and she had a cute smile for me...



I'm going to be alright...just give me a few days.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

It must have been a hard day for you. I remember last year when I took Lucas for his first day and I was sooo grateful to have Ty so that I went home with someone. I don't know what I'll be like when Ty goes.

Also, your yard is beautiful. Next spring you need to come teach me how to make my flower beds look like that!

Bryan and Karalee said...

Steph, you'll be okay....you have the dogs!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Wow! Where did the time go. I seem to say that a lot lately! It's hard to believe that your youngest has started kindergarten. My youngest turned 21 this year. Wow!

I have to agree with Lynne on your yard. Very nice
Debbie