Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good Things Utah

I was on the top of the world last Thursday when I got to be in the audience of my favorite show. I DVR and watch Good Things Utah almost everyday and have always wanted to meet the hosts and be in the audience. So last Wednesday Breanna, Hallie, McKay, me and my mom went down to Salt Lake for some school shopping and a visit to the GTU show. Aubrey was at girls camp so she was not able to come :( I was so excited to be there and see how the show runs from behind the cameras. I enjoyed every minute! Lauren and Karalee also watch the show and were able to see us on t.v. a few times when they showed the audience. When we got home we watched us also. It was so fun. I can't wait to go again!

Waiting in line outside ABC4 studio


Hallie posing by the green room


Walking into the studio I see cute Alicia Richmond!


My kids know GTU about as well as I do. Hallie likes the cooking segments and Breanna likes the table talk and fashion segments. McKay dreads when he hears the GTU music start at the beginning of the show!

Happy to be on the set!


Behind the scenes


Ok...Do not laugh!...It was a big deal for me to be on the set and meet the hosts that I got a little nervous. I should have kept my arm down! Does anyone want to photoshop this for me????


After the show we saw Alicia Richmond in the green room and I wanted to meet her and ask her where she got her cute brown cardigan. She is very approachable and so sweet. She asked if I'd be willing to go shopping with her and then model the clothes on a future segment on GTU. I told her I'd talk to my sisters and see if they would do it with me. So far Karalee is in.....Lauren???????

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Christmas morning for a Stephanie!!!! You were pretty happy to be there. Glad you had that opportunity and I could share it with you. It was fun to watch you. Go GTU!!!!!!

Joseph and Lauren said...

I am still undecided! It makes me nervous, mostly because those models are so ackward and i don't want to look like an idoit

Breanna Penrod said...

I agree with grandma that it was like christmas morning for you. :) You were so happy to be there! And don't worry about the sweaty pits. it is okay.

Bryan and Karalee said...

Glad you guys had fun. I wish I could have seen you there, I bet it was so funny just to watch you and how excited you got! But, who doesn't love GTU??? I Mean come on.. I would have been a bit of a nut myself, but not as bad as you. I wouldn't have got so excited that I was sweating, I only did that when Bryan was coming to my house for the first time... I was nervous and had to take a shower!!
Well, now that we are not sweaty anymore, we can go and be models on GTU! Come on Lauren....It will be fun.