Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Priceless Pictures!

It is always a treasure to find pictures of my Dad that I haven't seen before! My sister-in-law, Aime, emailed me these pictures she recently came across that were taken at Lauren's wedding in November 2003. What I love about these pictures is that it shows my Dad as the loving and happy Grandpa that he was and also the relationship that he "earned" with my children. I say "earned" because he put in the time and effort and love to develop the lasting relationships that he has with each of my girls! (I use past tense but I know that I should really write this in present tense :) I think one of the things I miss most about my Dad is how he was a grandpa to my children. My kids could do no wrong in his eyes...they were "angels" and he called them that. I know my siblings feel cheated that he is not around to watch their children grow and build the same relationships that my children did with Grandpa. I think about that a lot when they do something really funny or cute and I feel really sad about that. I do feel fortunate that we had the time we did with him but also so sad that it had to end for now. I know it is temporary, but we miss his earthly influence. Who knows...we may be receiving more of his influence than we realize! Hallie said it best on the morning that he passed away when she said "Now Grandpa is our angel!" I couldn't say it better!

Aubrey (age 7) and GRRRRRRRRandpa! (he rolled the "r" when he said his name)

Grandpa Randy always lit up just like this when his angels were around. I wish we could zoom in closer to see more clearly the smile on his face (Hallie, age 2, in pink coat and Breanna, age 5, in red coat)
Thank you Aime for sharing these pictures with me...it made my day!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a sweet moment in time. These pictures are precious. I lost my mom when I was a senior in high school and I often have different thoughts about missing her. I really enjoyed reading this. I didn't know your dad, but I do believe he is your angel ,and he watches over each of you!

Joseph and Lauren said...

Great post Steph!! I love those pictures, they truly depict the love Dad had for your children. I am sure he looks down on his grandkids often and grins from ear to ear. If we only knew???

Cami said...

Thanks for sharing. I completely understand your heart ache.

I have a picture like that of my dad...his 'last' picture with Taylor.

My biggest regret about my dad is that my kids are missing out.

Lynne said...

What great pictures! It must feel like a treasure when find new ones of him!

chel said...

These pictures are priceless! Your dad was an amazing man, dad and grandpa and his feelings were always easily readable by his expressions. What a treasure! Thank you for posting!

Shauna said...

He is an amazing man!!!!! I know he is preparing a place for all of us now and waiting patiently until our turn on earth is over and we can live as a family forever. That is joy! That is happiness!