Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy 14th Anniversary to Us!


Today it has been 14 years since I made the best decision of my life! (It was so long ago I had to scan these pictures into my computer!) The more years that pass, the younger I think we were (and looked) when we got married. I look back and can't believe my parents didn't have more to say about me getting married at 18. I guess they knew we were a match made in heaven! ;) It is always fun to look through our wedding photos because I can still feel the "magic" of the day. Of course being 14 years ago there are a lot of things that I would change if I were to do it all over again ie. my dress, makeup, hair, colors, photographer, etc. etc. I am happy to say the one thing I would not change is WHO I married! I couldn't have made a better choice nor would I if I had the chance to do it all over again. Dave is my perfect match. Happy Anniversary Dave!

9 comments:

Bryan and Karalee said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you should add one more thing to the list of things you would change on that day.... That would be Laurens dress!! I used to wear them too, boy am I glad that those days are over.

Jen Hunt said...

Happy Anniversary! I had a friend mention today that we have been married for 13 years and in another 13 we could be at the temple with one of our girls getting married....

chel said...

Happy Anniversary. My how things change in 14 years...except you and Dave look similar. Like you said, different hair and makeup styles. I wonder what I was doing with my hairstyle that day. Looks like I had been in the rain. Crazy who is still here and who isn't with us or in our family still. Lots of great memories. Can't believe you were that young but I agree that Dave was a great choice. I would have to say he is one of my favorite "guys" in the family. You guys are great examples to your kids and other family members about what a marriage should look like!

Brooke said...

Happy Anniversary! Looking back at wedding pictures is always so much fun.

Bryan and Karalee said...

wowser, I don't ever want to see such a horrific photo of myself as I just saw at your wedding. Me and Jason look horrible!!!!

Lynne said...

Happy anniversary! Those picture of you are great. You look so young but also so happy.

Jess and Whitni said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I remember going to your reception, that seems so long ago! I'm so glad you guys are happier than ever after so long =) that is so neat and I love the group photo, fun to see how much everyone has changed !!! haha

Bryan and Karalee said...

I can also tell that those "cons" (contacts) are hurting my eyes in that picture. I don't know why Dad made me wear those hard lenses. It was like putting little pieces of rocks in your eyes. Wowser!

Cami said...

hahahah...I think the same thing all the time.

Why did I do my hair that way? Did I think it was cool to wear long sleeves in May? Was forest green and burgandy really the best color choice?

Luckily, it's only one day that makes the rest of your life! Happy anniversary :)