Day 1 (Saturday)
Arrive at Heathrow airport 7:30 am...Took Underground and got off at wrong station and walked about 1/2 mile with our luggage through town to our hotel...Walk/ran 35 min. to join bike tour in Hyde Park at 11:00 am...Excellent bike tour of London center...Kensington Gardens and Palace...Hyde Park...Buckingham Palace...Westminister Abbey...Big Ben...Trafalger Square...lunch in pub to eat fish and chips...Princess Di Memorial...Prince Albert Hall...Learned how to use Underground and got back to hotel in 5 min!...SHOWER and brush teeth after 2 days...Quick snooze before dinner...Dinner at Italian Pizzaria Restaurant...Early bed 10 pm! The bike tour was an excellent way to get familiar with London and the bikes were so fun to ride. We rode about 7 miles and the tour took about 4 hours. Very leisurely and informative!
Hotel marble bathroom
Hotel in London
Westminister Abby in background
Area where beach volleyball will be played in Summer 2012 Olympics. Also 3 floors beneath me is Sir Winston Churchill's Cabinet War Rooms. There is a museum that we would like to visit on Wednesday.
Trying to stay out of trouble in Trafalger Square
Riding through Hyde Park
Walking around the Princess Di Memorial waterfall in the shape of a necklace with smooth and rocky water depicting the times in her life.
St. James' Park gardens
Big Ben
Day 2 (Sunday)
Took cab to Hyde Park Chapel for 9 am Sacrament meeting...Took Underground to see Buckingham Palace changing of the guards...Went back to hotel to change 3 hour shoes for more comfortable shoes...Took Underground to Tower Hill to tour Tower of London and Tower Bridge...Saw crown jewels (so cool!)...Bought yummy warm candied peanuts...Visited Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus to see if discounted theatre tickets were available...No tickets...Ate kabobs (gyros) for dinner...Mastered use of Underground today!
Hyde Park Chapel
We are having a really good time
Looking for next subway
Buckingham Palace changing of the guards
Buckingham Palace gates
Tower of London
Can I call home?
Tower of London
Guard inner courtyard of Tower of London
White Tower has many artifacts from King Henry VIII Dressed to Kill exhibit of war armour from the 1500! This building is 900 years old.
Tomorrow we are going on a day trip to see Bath, Stonehenge, and Salisbury. I will post them tomorrow. Until then...Cherrio!
4 comments:
Hey mom! It looks like you guys are having fun in England! I am so happy that you are having fun. How was church there? Was it really cool???? You will have to post some pictures of the stonghenge because that is the place that I have always wanted to see! I have read all about it from magazines. Today is has been hailing. :( Can you believe that? Well it is still raining and our window wells are filling by the second! Don't tell dad about that! I am going to call Jason maybe to help fix it. I have a lot more to tell you after just the first two days you were gone! Oh and Aubrey, Hallie, and I are wearing longsleve shirts and pants. AH!!! We are in JUNE! COME ON!
Dave,
The only thing left on that bike that you need is a bell and a banana seat!
Looks like your having a great time. Glad you could go to a meeting there and do some sight seeing today. Everything is fine. Trying to keep them busy. I have forgotten what it was like to raise 5 kids. Wow!!! Probably the biggest eye opener is all the meals they eat. Holy Smokes I am forever washing dishes and cooking. UGH
Loving the updates from London! I'm so jealous you guys are in my favorite city without me!! :)
Post a Comment