Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Is Over

Despite the bad, snowy, windy, freezing, cold weather, we were able to still have ourselves a good time. We made the best of it! Each day we tried to do something fun with the kids.

On Tuesday my mom and I took the kids to the Titanic exhibit in Idaho Falls. We enjoyed it so much that we bought a book on the Titanic and read it all week. I also wanted to watch the Titanic movie since it had been years since I had. We skipped the inappropriate scenes and let the kids watch it with us. After reading the book I could see so many more of the details in the movie that I missed. It was actually a very factually accurate movie with the exception of the fictional characters.

On Wednesday we went "Bedtime Stories" at the $2 movie. It was really cute and one that I would buy when it comes out on DVD. It was funny and clean.

Thursday we went to Outer Limits. We had never been there before and I was actually impressed that Pocatello has a family fun "Chuck E. Cheese" style fun center. Dave and Aubrey played Laser Tag while the rest of us played arcade games. I tried to guard the $20 token cup but the tokens went fast! We went to our favorite family restaurant, Chapalas, for dinner.

We went to Lava Hot Springs to the natural hot pools on Friday. It was the only day I remembered to take my camera so I do have pictures of this event! It was 35 degrees outside and it was HOT!!! All of the kids enjoyed it, even McKay.


Hallie pretending she is Rose on the Titanic!

Breanna

Getting used to the 103 degree water

Aubrey is looking and acting more and more like a teenager!

The kids went back to school today and this morning it is just McKay and I. The house is quiet again and I just remembered I have a lot of housework to do....so why am I blogging??? I better get busy!

4 comments:

Cami said...

me too....so much housework today. Nice to have peaceful house again :)

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!`

Brooke said...

Such a fun Spring Break, even if the weather was horrible!

Jess and Whitni said...

Those are cute pictures of your family at Lava... Jess and I have been talking about taking a drive to go up there, maybe next winter though =0) I'm glad to hear you guys enjoyed the Titanic exhibit, that stuff is so interesting!!!

Breanna Penrod said...

Mom I still think that that picture is really weird of me! I look so ugly! I am a weird peson sometimes. . . I am still sad though about Mystique.