We drove to Idaho Falls as soon as the girls got out of school because I wanted to take the girls out to dinner before the concert. I was curious to see how long the line was so I decided to drive by the Civic Auditorium. The line was in the parking lot at 4:45 pm! We decided to jump in line and get our spot. The doors were to open at 7:00 pm but the line didn't even move where we were until 7:20 pm!
We dressed like it was 80 degrees outside but it was really only about 55 degrees with a little breeze. We didn't come prepared with jackets so we huddled together and the girls ran the football field to keep warm.
We also didn't come prepared with things for the girls to do to pass the time. They brought their Nintendo DS's but the batteries were dead and they didn't bring the car charger...go figure!
This is David's tour bus...fancy huh?
Finally we made it to the doors...now if we can just find a good seat...
Ahhh, the balcony! If only I knew that we would wait in line for hours just to sit in the balcony we would have gone and had dinner!!! :)
But, despite our long wait in the longest line I've ever been in the concert was worth the wait! We all LOVED the concert. David Archuleta is amazing! His voice is effortless. It was fun to see him in person. I brought my Dad's trusty binoculars and we could see the sweat on David's forehead. I did get a few blurry pictures of David on stage but my camera was not taking good pictures so I took some video with my camera. I hope to learn how to post the video so I can share it on my blog because it is really great. We had such a great time and I'm glad I was able to share it with my girls!
By the way, we never did get dinner. Hallie and Breanna fell asleep on the way home and Aubrey and I were singing to David's CD so I decided to drive straight home and we ate cold cereal at 11:30 pm! Good memories.
3 comments:
Sounds Fun!!! I bet the girls had a blast, but I think I can also say that Steph had a great time too! Glad you guys were able to get tickets and enjoy watching David Archuleta!!
Great time for all 4!!!! Fun pictures too
Wow! What fun. I enjoyed the video and the pics. I know I keep saying it but you have such a cute family.
Deb
Post a Comment