Last Saturday, February 28th, Hallie was baptized. Hallie got up really early (6:15 AM, I think) because she was so excited and couldn't sleep. She finally got to wear the dress that has been hanging in her closet since Breanna wore it on her baptism day. All 3 of my girls wore the same blessing and baptism dresses. The other day I joked with them that they will all share 1 wedding dress!!! They didn't like that idea as much. I guess that is where I should draw the line.
Hallie looked so beautiful on her baptism day. I think 8 year olds look so pure and clean in their white clothes. There is always a special spirit at baptisms and it was definately evident at Hallie's baptism. I especially thought Hallie's confirmation blessing was special because of the blessings that Hallie was promised. Dave gave Hallie a beautiful and inspired blessing.
I am so happy that so many of our family were able to come and support Hallie on this special day. After the baptism and confirmation we had the family over for some yummy homemade Cafe Rio burritos and/or salad! The Taylor family loves this meal and it was a hit with the Penrods as well! We love it so much that it gives us our Cafe Rio fix without having to drive to Salt Lake. Thanks to everyone for making this day so memorable for Hallie.
The Penrod Family
The Taylor Family
The "Penradicals"
3 comments:
What a very special day for Hal Dawn and all of us. I am so proud of her decision to be baptized.
i wish I could have been there Hallie. I miss you Hallie! you are so pretty in your dress!!!!!!!love, Nat
You'll have to send me the recipie. I love Cafe Rio as well. Your family is so cute. You all seem so perfect. I ran into Jenna and some others in our class at the UDA convention. You should come down next year too. It would be great to see you.
Post a Comment