Monday, February 16, 2009

Aubrey's talk

Aubrey gave her first youth talk in church yesterday. Her topic was Divine Nature and I think she did an excellent job. I was very impressed with how she delivered her talk without acting nervous or timid. She looked up often and smiled and even cracked a few jokes about her height and related it to how she has a few grandma's in her family tree that never grew past 5 feet and because physically we are genetically influenced, she may always be short. She talked about how on earth we have many branches that link us to our first earthly parents and many pedigree charts are as long as we are tall, but our spiritual geneology has only two lines; one to our Heavenly Father and one to our Heavenly Mother. I think that is one of the simplest ways to explain our divine nature. So in preparation for her talk we were working on a goal in her personal progress and she had to look up scriptures and identify the divine qualities we inheret from our Heavenly Father and choose one and work on it for two weeks. She said she would work on peacemaker and I told her she should choose one she needs to work on and peacemaker is not one of them! Then I looked at the list and I couldn't think of one that she needed to work on. Maybe I am bragging when I say this because I am not saying my daughter is perfect but she is about as good and pure as they come. I hope I can say this in a few years! I know the teenage years bring lots of test and trials but I will enjoy innosence while it lasts.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Aubrey is a sweetheart. She was such a GREAT babysitter that we have had a hard time finding a new one here in I.F. that the kids like.

Shauna said...

Aubrey did a fantastic job...she is a natural in front of all people.... Adults kids whatever. She is beautiful inside and out. I love you Aubs...You are Grandpa's angel for sure

Joseph and Lauren said...

Sure wish I knew that you had a speaking assingment. I would have come. I am sure you did outstanding. You are such a wonderful girl. So happy you are enjoying Young Women's.