Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Back!!! and (early) Happy Birthday Mom

I know it has been awhile since I have blogged. Too much facebooking!
Since we will celebrate my Mom's birthday this month I thought I'd blog about her today since she has been such a support to me lately. I have been laid up with some out patient surgery and leave it to my mom to make sure everything it taken care of. I feel guilty laying in bed checking on my emails, facebook and blogging on my laptop when I can smell pine sol and windex coming from my bathrooms! She cannot sit still! Lauren and I have often commented that the minute she comes in our house she wants to know what needs done and even starts unloading dishwashers or folding clothes, making beds, WHATEVER! She has to help wherever she sees a need and there are plenty of needs around here so she is never idle! She runs my errands and arranges for my kids' school projects to be completed with the help of my sweet sister in law, Karalee. Aubrey needed to make a Valentine's box and leave it to Karalee and her ingenious creativity!


She orchestrates dinners to be brought in by my family and prepares plenty herself. And, to complicate matters she just lost her 96 year old friend and employer this week when he succombed to old age. It is an adjustment time for her to not have the daily responsibilities she has been accustomed to for 18 years! Not to mention the friendship she will miss. Clark was a remarkable man who our whole family came to love and admire. We will miss him too!

For all who know her they will agree that she is a "classy" lady. When my mom would come to school to eat lunch with me or pick me up my classmates would ask, "Is that your Mom?" "She is very pretty." (I still have plenty of friends who when they meet her comment on how put together she is.) Well, she was just Mom to me but she is a beautiful woman inside and out. I am pleased to hear people who have known my mom for years tell me that I am looking more and more like her everyday. More than anything I hope to radiate the inner beauty that she possesses. Happy Birthday on St. Patricks Day, Mom! Also thanks for all your help. It is very appreciated even if I don't express it all the time.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Steph...I thought Dad and I taught you not to lie. Thanx for the kind words, I love my kids and would do anything for you. You have all been there for me ...what would I do without you.

Joseph and Lauren said...

It is about dang time!! Great tribute to Mom. She truly is the most selfless Mom ever. We will never be able to repay her for all she has done.

Cami said...

You are very lucky!!! What a great mom.

I hope you are feeling better and to see you out and about soon!