Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Is that all you've got?"

Yesterday I took McKay to get his kindergarten shots. We talked about it all week to mentally prepare him. Sadly, because of the many tests that McKay has had as follow-ups to his condition at birth, he thought the shots would make him go to sleep and he would wake up and eat crackers. Dave talked to him about being TOUGH and said to tell the nurse after the shot, "Is that all you've got?"
Well, he bravely took 5 shots and surprised me with not one tear or whimper. After the shots he got down off my lap and said to the nurse, "Is that all you've got?" I think the nurse got it because she laughed a little, but I laughed a lot! When I was at the counter settling up with the front desk McKay said, "Mom, look at my face. How does my face look?" I said, "It looks fine, just like before the shots" McKay said, "Good because after you went to the doctor you looked ugly." He says the funniest things and it is cute how his 5 year old mind thinks and processes his experiences.

6 comments:

Lynne said...

That is sooo funny. I read it to Bryan and we both just laughed. I love kids and the way they see the world.

Aubrey said...

Good job Mckay. I am so very proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to get 5 SHOTS!! And not even one cry or tear? Wow.... I am so proud of you. Mom, read this to Mckay for me.
XOXOXO
Aubs

Brian and Tracy Atkinson said...

How cute! Too bad he has been through SO much that 5 shots doesn't affect him - but that means he is tough and can handle anything.

Shauna said...

Mac Man you are a Mac truck the way you handle the hard things in life.Your growing up to be a big boy ready for school. I am soooo proud of you.You are Grandpa's missionary for sure!!!!!

Cami said...

hahahah...that is SO funny, I can't stop laughing. Oh, to be a child :)

Jess and Whitni said...

hahahaha that is such a cute story, I just love all the funny things little kids say!! =0)