Aubrey's closet has changed from Blue, Black and White uniforms to Red, Black and White! She has 8 Highland uniforms hanging in her closet that need some major alterations due to her petite size! From what I hear, her wardrobe will consist of only red and black for the next year or so. We were all so happy for her to make the squad after a week of HARD work and dedication. The tryouts were closed but she had to be in front of the judges 3 different times. The first time she had to do a tumbling pass/rally, perform a cheer that she made up and answer a question from the judges. She was #1 to go and the question they asked was something like "What would you bring to the HHS Cheer Squad?" Aubrey said a few things like friendship, school spirit, enthusiasm, etc. and ended with "AND WORLD PEACE!" The judges were still laughing as she ran off the court. According to the coach, whenever they saw her they would say, "That's World Peace!" The next time she had to perform with 4 other girls the HHS cheer that the Sr. cheerleaders taught them and the dance which included 16 counts that she had to make up on her own. She was able to show them that she is close to performing her round off back handspring without a spot on the tumbling mats. Overall she was pleased with how she did and reported that she never messed up. We waited all night for the principal to call and give us the Yes or No. Aubrey's phone started going off like crazy at about 10:00 pm with all her friends and HHS cheerleaders inquiring if she had heard word yet. She would just start answering one text and another would interrupt her response and boy oh boy was it high stress at the Penrod home! We were all sitting on our bed waiting for her cell phone to ring. Being the rude mom that I am (that's what Aubrey said I was) I rang her phone and got everyone really startled. I know, it was a little mean, but funny. When the principal called, Aubrey acted sad and only said "Ok, thanks for calling". My heart sank for her. She got off the phone and put her head in her hands and said she didn't make it and then jumped on the bed screaming that she made the Freshman team. PAYBACKS!!! The whole family hugged and jumped in a circle. Dave even did a cheerleading jump! (or was that me?) I never thought I'd want cheerleading for my daughters but when that is what they want I get behind them and help them achieve.
Thanks to all of our family and friends who have bought cookie dough to help with fundraising. I didn't know it would cost so much to be a cheerleader so every little bit helps.

Hallie loves to be in pictures!

Leaving for tryouts
3 comments:
Dream BIG Auberito!!! Follow your heart and always stay true! So happy for you!
GO HHS!!! we are proud of you Aubs! You are going to be the cutest cheerleader ever!
Go HHS!
Post a Comment