Thursday, May 5, 2011

American Heritage 2011

Aubrey and I took the opportunity to go on the American Heritage tour during spring break. It is offered through the middle school and coordinated with a travel agency who books all the tours, hotels, busses, airline travel, etc. It was well orchestrated and jam packed with so many things to do and see each day. It would be very difficult to replicate this trip and do on your own. We started out in Washington D.C., then to Gettysburg, PA, New York City, NY, and finally Boston, MA. Between the two of us we took about 600 pictures so it is hard to decide which ones to include here but I will just add a few.


This is George Washington's mansion at Mt. Vernon. It was one of my favorite places we visited.


Aubrey braving the cold winds to see Lady Liberty


Beautiful cherry blossoms at the Capitol


Gettysburg battle field


Instead of visiting the Statue of LIberty we went to the Manhatten Temple. We had to wait for it to open so we had a hot chocolate at Starbucks.


Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was incredible!


Washington Memorial


We got to go inside and tour the White House. It was amazing!


After Wicked we took our girls to Juniors for some yummy cheesecake and dessert!


Aubrey with her roomates after watching Wicked!


COLD morning at the top of the Empire State Building!


Aubrey was so excited to see Wicked she could hardly contain herself! I was so glad she could see my favorite musical on Broadway!


Capitol Building

Aubrey and I at the 9/11 Memorial at the Pentagon Building

2 comments:

Shauna said...

In every picture were huge smiles! Awesome you got to be together and see this wonderful country and what made it so great!

Joseph and Lauren said...

I love these pictures. What am amazing experience