We met up with my brothers, their wives, and kids and my mom aboard the Disney Magic. My children have never been on a cruise before but this was our 4th cruise. I was so excited to share the experience with my kids. I just knew that they would love it. We were aboard the Disney Magic for 7 nights and sailed from Port Canaverel, Florida to Disney's private island Castaway Cay in the Bahamas. From there we went to Grand Cayman, then to Cozumel, Mexico, back to Castaway Cay and returned to Port Canaverel. We made some really great memories as a family and experienced a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend it together. I loved being there with my siblings and my mom...just wish it could have been more complete with my Dad and Lauren's family. Here are a few of the many pictures we took.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I'm Dreaming of a Caribbean Christmas!
We had an "excellent" time on our trip with my family. Dave and I took our kids a few days early so that we could experience a little of Disney World since we have not been there before. We went to Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Two days is really not enough to see all that there is to do and see in Orlando. We could have spent a week at least, but at least it gave the kids a taste and we still had a great vacation to look forward to.
We met up with my brothers, their wives, and kids and my mom aboard the Disney Magic. My children have never been on a cruise before but this was our 4th cruise. I was so excited to share the experience with my kids. I just knew that they would love it. We were aboard the Disney Magic for 7 nights and sailed from Port Canaverel, Florida to Disney's private island Castaway Cay in the Bahamas. From there we went to Grand Cayman, then to Cozumel, Mexico, back to Castaway Cay and returned to Port Canaverel. We made some really great memories as a family and experienced a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend it together. I loved being there with my siblings and my mom...just wish it could have been more complete with my Dad and Lauren's family. Here are a few of the many pictures we took.
Here we are outside our favorite line of hotels...Hilton Embassy Suites. They have the best rooms for families and the best FREE cooked-to-order breakfasts. We were waiting for our FREE shuttle that we were late for and ended up having to hire a cab to get to Disney World.
Long lines to get into the parks.

Paying the big bucks!

A little frozen lemonade always tastes divine!
We all loved Rockin Roller Coaster!
Toy Story Mania was an awesome 3D ride and game



A model of our ship. This is as you arrive and present documents to board.
"Welcome Penrod Family aboard the Disney Magic!"
Our rooms were pretty good size. Aubrey and Breanna stayed with Grandma Shauna and Hallie and McKay stayed with us.

We got snorkel gear for all the kids and taught them how to snorkel. Only McKay really liked it. The girls would rather play on the beach in the sand.
Getting off the ship at Castaway Cay. It was a beautiful island with the best white sand beach. Perfect for the kids to play in all day long.
Avery and her favorite aunt!
Cool dudes!
I don't know the hag in the middle of this picture.
Tropical!
Cute Breanna!
Hot Dave :)
Plenty of chairs to relax and soak in the sun.
These next pictures were taken on our formal night.



Dinner always presented its' challenges (for everyone else!) My kids were angels. Ha Ha.

Disney skips Thanksgiving and goes straight to celebrating Christmas. The whole ship was already decorated for Christmas.



There was always the opportunity to take pictures with the characters.


Posing for a picture along 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.
We went to Hell in Grand Cayman.

We visited the turtle farm and each of the kids got to hold turtles. At the end of the tour we even tried Turtle Soup. It was good.




You can't find more beautiful sand and water than in the Caribbean! I don't have photos of this, but we went to a sand bar in the middle of the ocean and swam with the sting rays in Grand Cayman. Dave and I had done this before and wanted our kids to experience it. Breanna and McKay were pretty nervous and never really warmed up to the sting rays but we all held them and kissed them.
"No more food Pierre. Stop feeding me your food!"
Pirate Dinner and Party night. We all wore these on our heads to eat dinner. Bryan and Dave found alternative ways to wear the bandana.

Finally we went to the GS and got McKay his prize. We called the Gift Shop the GS because it was being said so much it started to sound like a swear word! Finally we got the kid taken care of.
Midnight Pirate buffet with Breanna, Aubrey and Grandma.
Swimming in Cozumel. We had a taxi driver take all of us to a beach. This beach had some waves so it was fun for the kids.
A little Mexican nachos and Fanta to make the day even better.





Dinner at the Animator's Palate. Breanna looks a little sleepy.
Raise your glass if you are having a good time!





The kids loved the towel animals.
Our last day at Castaway Cay
Isn't it beautiful?
Taking the tram to the beach
Mount Rustmore

Grandma and Aubrey had a sandbuilding contest with Karalee and Breanna. I think Karalee and Breanna won.

Bryan and boredom

This is the view out our stateroom window.
We got to celebrate Aubrey's 14th birthday Disney style, even though it was a little early.
Oh, Pierre. You brought us so much entertainment and inside jokes to rehearse for years!
Dave's magical sand castle
It is over... waiting to disembark
My 3 girls got their hair braided by some Bahamian women at Castaway Cay. It cost me $40 per head and I told them they had to keep them in until New Years! Great times! Great memories! I love my family. Thank you for making our vacation so much fun. We loved spending time with my family!
We met up with my brothers, their wives, and kids and my mom aboard the Disney Magic. My children have never been on a cruise before but this was our 4th cruise. I was so excited to share the experience with my kids. I just knew that they would love it. We were aboard the Disney Magic for 7 nights and sailed from Port Canaverel, Florida to Disney's private island Castaway Cay in the Bahamas. From there we went to Grand Cayman, then to Cozumel, Mexico, back to Castaway Cay and returned to Port Canaverel. We made some really great memories as a family and experienced a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend it together. I loved being there with my siblings and my mom...just wish it could have been more complete with my Dad and Lauren's family. Here are a few of the many pictures we took.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a fun trip. I am so glad you had fun. I was so excited to read your post. I have wanted to go on a cruise with my family for a while....maybe this will help me get them all to go.
It was an awesome trip! I am ready to go back.
I wish I could have left comments on some of the pictures....there were some good ones and some funny ones. I am sorry I haven't seen your pictures yet, I guess I have been a little distracted. Glad you posted them so I could see them! So glad you guys had fun.
Blast!!!! So Much Fun!!!! Could have been funner with Hansonians and Grandpa Randy. I think Dad and Jared would have spent the 1st night together!!!! Good job Steph
Fun pics Steph!! I wish I was back at Castaway Cay right now...Maybe we should all go back again.
It looks like so much fun! I've never been on a cruise--didn't think I would like one. But these pictures may change my mind.
Post a Comment