Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve

It is tradition in the Taylor/Penrod Family to have a Christmas dinner (Mexican food), program, singing and devotional. This year we held it at mom's house and Jared's family, Bryan's family and our family were in attendance. My kids can't wait to open up their Christmas Eve pajamas. I was happy to see that Bryan and Karalee and Jared and Kris have the same tradition and so all the kids got to open their pajamas and wear them for the rest of the evening. Grandma Shauna and Karalee dressed the kids for a SHORT reenactment of the nativity. Aubrey and I played a piano duet "Angels We Have Heard On High" and my children sang "Could I Hold The Baby?" Bryan was assigned the devotional. He talked about recommitting ourselves to reading the Book of Mormon on a daily basis. We listened to the section of my Dad's personal history where he talks about how he gained his testimony of the Book of Mormon and bore his witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I appreciated his words and testimony. Christmas Eve is my favorite part of the Christmas season. I love our family traditions. My Dad started the tradition of having a spiritually centered program on Christmas Eve and it is the highlight of the season for me.
Breanna playing the piano for Christmas hymn singing

Hallie leading us in Christmas hymn singing

McKay as Joseph

Jack and Breanna were the angels

Grant was a shepherd or wise man

Hallie as Mary

Aubrey as the donkey...Didn't Mary ride side saddle?

Christmas Eve pajamas

2 comments:

Joseph and Lauren said...

That donkey is my favorite. I am still laughing about that one

Shauna said...

great blogging...keep up the "good blogging".