Aubrey's Beehive leaders and class members came over tonight to decorate her room and welcome her into Young Womens. This will be a surprise to her tomorrow morning when she comes home to get ready for school. (She spent the night at her Grandma Shauna's tonight because she wanted one-on-one time to celebrate her birthday) She will be so excited when she sees it.
I am really excited for Aubrey to begin this new chapter in her life. I have served as Young Women President for 3 1/2 years in the Whitaker 1st Ward. I would have never thought I would still be in this position when Aubrey would turn 12. She has wanted me to stay in until she got there and it looks like I will for a little while longer! This year for Young Women in Excellence our theme was "Everything I Needed To Know I Learned In Young Women" and during the meeting I made a few remarks about the things I learned in Young Women. When I came home I felt impressed to share those things with Aubrey that I shared in my talk. I don't think I'll ever forget sitting on her bed and sharing my feelings with her as she was looking at me with a big smile, nodding her head in agreement and listening very intently. Aubrey is indeed a very special daughter of God. I have had this impression many times during the last 12 years. The Spirit radiates from her. It is my privilege to be her mother and I look forward to watching her grow and develop into a beautiful young woman.
3 comments:
Young Womenswas the funnest part of growing up for me. You get to go to girls camp and mutual, and all those fun things. I am really excited for Aubrey!!! Happy Birthday!!
Wow, I can't believe she is 12. What a beautiful young woman you have. I admire her self confidence and fun personality.
What a great idea to help the new young woman feel included! I'll have to remember that if I'm ever in YW's.
Post a Comment