Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Security Mode
Even before I started blogging I questioned if I should post my family's pictures and information on the internet for fear that some weirdo may read it and know way too much about my family. Last night on KSL news there was a segment on safe blogging and some instances where families have been exploited and stalked. I guess you can say I got a little scared. They gave tips to not post pictures of your children (how could you not show pictures of your kids on the blog?), and not to show or post addresses or pictures of your home, names or birthdates. It was suggested to set your blog to privacy mode. So I have decided to set my blog up so only those I invite may read this blog. For those of you that have been blogging for a longer time than I have...how do you feel about this? Am I over reacting or is this a concern that you also have?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Steph, we saw that too, and did the same thing this morning!! I guess it is always better to be safe than sorry, right?
well i guess the thing to do is quit this dumb blogging. Please return to your normal lives as you knew them before blogging.
I saw that too and several other friends have not done security on their blogs. I haven't decided what to do yet. I know I should do security but then sometimes friends I've lost touch with have found me and so I hate to loose that ability. So I don't know what I'll do but I understand the need for security.
Hey...I debate on being private or not.
I think that there are TONS of blogs out there and the chances that someone stalks me is very small. However...Sometimes I think I should, and one day I might change if someone freaks me out enough. You almost have me convinced though!!!
Steph: I orininally had our blog public, but we started getting repeat hits from all over..and no comments. (I added the "feejit" link which shows you where the hits are coming from) I decided that for our family to make it private. I am sure that there are just curious people out there, but our lives and our blog is not that interesting...plus all of the "safety lectures" kind of freaked me out.
Post a Comment