Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our Latest Project

Last month Dave and I were able to purchase a twin home for Dave's parents to live in and rent from us. We have been working hard and long hours to prepare the home for their arrival which was last Saturday. I should have taken BEFORE pictures because it looks so much better, but I only took AFTER pictures. We (my mom, Aubrey, Breanna, Dave and I) painted all the trim and walls in every room of the 2 bedroom/ 2 bath house. We also installed the kitchen appliances (oven, microwave and dishwasher) which were in my kitchen to their kitchen. Dave changed out some ugly light fixtures and replaced them with some really nice modern fixtures and added cabinet hardware to the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. All these improvements made a HUGE difference. Dave's sister Carol and her husband Tim cleaned the carpets and got out the stains that we didn't think were possible to get up. The carpets look like new! I scrubbed and cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and washed the windows so it feels like a brand new house. Thanks to my kids for allowing us to be gone and my family too for assisting me in our efforts. Lauren came over and brought us a picnic lunch that she had made and we all sat down on the living room floor and enjoyed it. I really appreciated that!

We were really proud to present them with the house when they showed up to move in. They love the house and say it feels like HOME to them. I know that this home is an answer to prayers.

Looking into the living room and kitchen and off to the right is the front entry.


Main bathroom


2nd bedroom



Master Bathroom


Master Bedroom


1st door on left is master bedroom, next door is utility closet, next door is main bathroom and there is a door you can't see and it goes to the 2nd bedroom.


The kitchen looks brand new


Notice the cute pendent light above the sink. Dawn loved that!

Living room has a patio door that goes out onto a wood deck.

No comments: