Sunday, March 7, 2010

They "Slayed The Piano"!

Hallie is next!
Hallie played Wanda's Waltz and Fastest Piano in the West
Breanna played Tarentella Terrifique and Sonatina in C Major
Aubrey played Butterfly Waltz and Arabesque

Yesterday was the Pocatello Music Festival at ISU. All 3 of our girls participated and have been practicing and perfecting their two pieces since before Christmas. The music must be memorized and performed with the written dynamics and is performed in a private room with only one judge. Yesterday they each got the highest rating which is a SUPERIOR. I am very proud of each of them as I know how hard they worked and how conciencious they were about practicing their songs. After Aubrey got her judging sheet and saw that she got a 48/50 she said, "I SLAYED that piano!"

My camera "trigger button" broke off my camera as I was taking these pictures. I don't know if it is fixable and I am really not looking forward to buying a new one. What a bummer!

5 comments:

Bryan and Karalee said...

HOORAY!!! I know how much work it takes to get Superior. It takes so much dedicaton and practicing. Good Job to all 3 of you girls!! You are all very talented!!! I am really proud of you!!!

Lynne said...

Congratulations! They must have worked hard--and all three got superior.

Sorry about your camera. Ty dropped mine and so I need a new one. Bryan has his big one but I like having one that's mine that doesn't weight a ton.

Joseph and Lauren said...

I feel a little cheated that nothing was said about the hair!!!

Good job girls!

Shauna said...

Grandpa's angels at it again!!!! Great job to all 3 of you. It does take alot of blood,sweat and tears. So proud of you.

Jess and Whitni said...

You have such talented girls Steph =) and not to mention, so gorgeous! Hope you guys are doing well, love ya!