Friday, March 5, 2010

Chilly Bike Rides



Dave is taking up a new hobby (and I hope to be following close behind soon). We have a lot of friends in our neighborhood that are avid road bikers and they have convinced Dave that he needs to take up this sport. They heard that we both enjoy (ENDURE is more the word) our spinning class at the gym and convinced us that if we can spin we would LOVE to road bike. They did a great sales job. So, Dave was able to get his hands on a demo bike that had never been demo-ed (is that how you spell it?)and he ended up loving it. It weighs 17 pounds and is an all carbon frame. It is unbeleivably light...McKay can lift it! And yes, he did make the purchase. Now I want one too!





I had to laugh because he does not have the biking gear that all the other riders have. In fact, it was so cold (30 degrees) that he needed some gloves and didn't want to wear his ski gloves because they would be too bulky (he thought), so he borrowed Aubrey's fuzzy white gloves! That day he had no pride! Dave says he will never wear the skin tight biking shorts and gear that everyone else does, but we'll see.


This is Brian Nield, our friend and neighbor...he is the biker of all bikers!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I like to bike..Can I go too????

Joseph and Lauren said...

Did he buy it? Dave, don't wear fuzzt girly gloves......that is a little wierd!!

Lynne said...

If he ever does wear the full bike gear you'll HAVE to post a picture.

Bryan and Karalee said...

Sounds like quite an interesting activity? Don't know quite what to say!