I know I am a little late in posting these Christmas pictures, but better late then never, right? Last year we started a meaningful tradition. A close family friend came up with the idea to add an ornament on a tree each year that reminds us of our Dad (or Grandpa, Husband, Son...etc.) We got together and explained why we chose the ornaments that we did. It was a wonderful way to express our love for Dad. Since we cannot give him gifts anymore, it is fun to think of an ornament that represents some aspect of our relationship with him or a hobby that he enjoyed. Last year I made individual ornaments of all the grandkids as "Angels". Dave put on a BYU football ornament because he loved watching BYU with Dad. Our family also added an optometrist "Dr. Taylor" ornament. Everyone added the coolest, most thoughtful ornaments ever! This year I gathered pictures from all my siblings to upload on a digital photo ornament. In the process of gathering and scanning the pictures for the digital ornament I was able to think about my Dad and how much he has influenced all of our lives. Life in the Taylor Family is not the same without him here, but we find comfort in remembering him and the legacy he left us. The "Angel Tree" was heavenly inspiration given to a dear friend to bless the lives of a grieving family.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Angel Tree
I know I am a little late in posting these Christmas pictures, but better late then never, right? Last year we started a meaningful tradition. A close family friend came up with the idea to add an ornament on a tree each year that reminds us of our Dad (or Grandpa, Husband, Son...etc.) We got together and explained why we chose the ornaments that we did. It was a wonderful way to express our love for Dad. Since we cannot give him gifts anymore, it is fun to think of an ornament that represents some aspect of our relationship with him or a hobby that he enjoyed. Last year I made individual ornaments of all the grandkids as "Angels". Dave put on a BYU football ornament because he loved watching BYU with Dad. Our family also added an optometrist "Dr. Taylor" ornament. Everyone added the coolest, most thoughtful ornaments ever! This year I gathered pictures from all my siblings to upload on a digital photo ornament. In the process of gathering and scanning the pictures for the digital ornament I was able to think about my Dad and how much he has influenced all of our lives. Life in the Taylor Family is not the same without him here, but we find comfort in remembering him and the legacy he left us. The "Angel Tree" was heavenly inspiration given to a dear friend to bless the lives of a grieving family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so grateful for Lynette and Luther and their inspiration to bless our family in helping us heal. I love that angel tree. It is still up and I have no plans of putting it down .
That is such a neat idea!
Post a Comment