Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Sweet Taste of Victory

Last week was an insanely busy week for Aubrey and to top it off she got really sick. Like many other girls on the team, she had a fever, sore throat, cough, headaches, etc. The cheer team was getting ready for competition on Saturday and she could not miss any practices so she kept plugging along. She also had 2 days of honor choir and a performance one evening. She could only lip sync the words because she had no voice but no one could tell. She still shook those maracas with all kinds of animation! All the blood, sweat and tears paid off though when they took 1st place in the district cheer competition! They went up against 4 other middle schools in our area. It was really fun to watch Aubrey as a flyer. She loves to do the stunts. It is her favorite part about cheer. One thing I really love about Aubrey is that she puts her heart and soul into everything that she does. Congrats to her for all her hard work and dedication.






Aubrey is INTENSE!



Aubrey and her awesome coach, Carlie!

I "volunteered' to make the Spirit Bags. They had fun things in them like Powerade with the tag "You've Got The Power", Kit Kat with the tag "Cat Power", etc. I used the Cricut and it was a lot of work but also fun to do as a surprise for Aubrey and her team.

5 comments:

Joseph and Lauren said...

Good Job Aubrey. You make us ALL proud!

Shauna said...

What is so cool about Aubrey is she is beautiful on the inside. Genuine ...kind..loving..fun to be with...and by far the cutest cheerleader that has ever lived!!!!!

Bryan and Karalee said...

Good Job Aubrey, but I think you got me sick with this awful illness.

Bryan and Karalee said...

Aubs looks so cute as a cheerleader. And I also think your camera took good shots even being in a gymnasium with bad lighting!!

Jasonites said...

Way to go Aubs!! Avery and I would love to watch you cheer.