Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Girls Camp 2010 "Stripling Warrior Strong"



This year I was able to go the whole week to girls camp and I had so much fun! It was a different experience going as a stake leader rather than a ward leader. It was busier in different ways. We didn't have the responsibility of the girls but we ran around like crazy doing all we had to do with the big activities we were in charge of. I was just given these pictures which were taken by Bobbi Thomson to make a slide show which we will show to the young women at our Stake End of Summer Activity. Here are just a few of the 540 photos she took with her amazing camera.

We dressed our YCL's in army get up and they introduced our theme "Stripling Warrior STRONG".

Watching the YCL's

Aubrey performed a funny number "Can't Touch This" at our USO show. She was hilarious! See her long green nails. She was Bon Qui Qui (a You Tube video).

Aubrey choreographed and taught us stake leaders a cute hip hop dance to "Dynamite". It was so fun to do, especially with the priesthood brethren that came in at the last minute to do the dance.

"Cuz I told you once, now I told you twice, gonna light it up, camp is dynamite!"

"Get out my way, me and my stake stake stake stake, we're in the camp so we're gonna do do do do, just drop your phones it's all about you you you you, ya ya!"

Each ward chose a Book of Mormon hero to represent them. We found these awesome posters online and framed them to hang in the lodge. They are so cool.

America's Next Top Model modeling all the lost and found that was left in the lodge each night. This was one of the evening's ensembles. This was the best way we found for girls to claim their missing items and it was fun too!

I don't have many photos of Aubrey but here is a really cute one of her at one of the devotionals. It was so fun to be up there with her.

I'm a little cocky trying to defend my title of Rope Queen.

My toe touch entry that only received 7 swim noodles out of 10.

After my low number I swam out to the raft to take over. Can't you just see the look on their faces? They are scared!

Overthrowing President Jensen

I paid a heavy penalty for this maneuver. I jammed my finger really bad and you can see on my leg how I scratched it up. However, it was worth it!

And they are off! Successful ambush of the judges raft.

Now we are the judges and we did not give out high scores to the previous judges :)

All 7 wards in our stake in their shirts/sweatshirts.
Stake Leaders: Anne Cameron (camp nurse), Traci Blackinton (2nd Counselor), Angela Clegg (Camp Director), Me, Bobbi Thomson (Asst. Camp Director), Bro. Jeppsen (high counselor over YW), Pres. Jensen (2nd couns. in Stake Pres.)

A little water never hurt nobody...

A big water fight to finish off the week.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

It looks like so much fun! I have great memories of girls camp and I can tell the girls in your stake will have great memories too!

Joseph and Lauren said...

You act like a teenager you weirdo....you are just a kid at heart. Poor Bro. Jensen...he gets demoted- a 7 out of 10 is good. Looks like a lot of great memories were made. You are getting quite the reputation. "don't mess with Sister Penrod" I can just hear them say.

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you had a great time. You are going to be one of the leaders your girls will remember for the rest of their lives. That'a a great thing!

Breanna Penrod said...

looks like a lot of fun and wonderful memories and testimony building experiences.