We were gone about 2 hours and when we returned and pedaled into our neighborhood I saw a large group of kids and adults congregated on the street and this is when I heard that the Cameron's dog just bit McKay and one of our neighbors took him up to the ER. I rode home and hopped in the car and headed to the hospital stinky body and bike clothes and all. When I got there Rob Raschke, my neighbor, was holding McKay on his lap and McKay was whimpering a bit. It was pretty scary and traumatic for him. I am so grateful for attentive and caring neighbors who jump in to take care of my kids when I couldn't. Dave and Dave Cameron came in a little after me and we all watched as our new neighbor and new oral surgeon friend, Jeff DaBell, stitched him up. McKay did great. No crying! Very brave boy! Unfortunately he's had some practice in the bravery department. He got 7 stitches. As we were walking out of the ER an older man came up to me and asked me to give my son 4 quarters. He said he watched him come into the waiting room and was a few doors away from us and he was so impressed that he never heard him cry! As for the Cameron's dog, his days are numbered! He has had a few other incidents with children and is a 10 year old crotchety old man. I heard they have to wait 10 days to put him down to see if he had rabies. I am so grateful for good friends and neighbors who watched over my family in my absence.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Biking and Dog Bites
I finally got myself a bike so I can go with Dave on his rides. There is a learning curve to these bikes. I have to still remember to "clip in" and "clip out" with my shoes as I had a mishap last night and drew a little blood. I also am still learning when is the best time to shift into each gear. Dave and I took a more leisure bike ride the first night and then last night we went on a killer bike ride that about did me in. We went with our friends the Camerons who have been riding all summer long. I was the only newcomer to the sport. They took me on about a 20 mile bike ride to the top of Pocatello Creek Road. It was a steady climb the whole way. I was sucking gas! However, I did make it to the top and the ride down was incredible! Coasting at 30 mph the whole way. It was a rush! Definitely paybacks for the hard climb we had just endured.



We were gone about 2 hours and when we returned and pedaled into our neighborhood I saw a large group of kids and adults congregated on the street and this is when I heard that the Cameron's dog just bit McKay and one of our neighbors took him up to the ER. I rode home and hopped in the car and headed to the hospital stinky body and bike clothes and all. When I got there Rob Raschke, my neighbor, was holding McKay on his lap and McKay was whimpering a bit. It was pretty scary and traumatic for him. I am so grateful for attentive and caring neighbors who jump in to take care of my kids when I couldn't. Dave and Dave Cameron came in a little after me and we all watched as our new neighbor and new oral surgeon friend, Jeff DaBell, stitched him up. McKay did great. No crying! Very brave boy! Unfortunately he's had some practice in the bravery department. He got 7 stitches. As we were walking out of the ER an older man came up to me and asked me to give my son 4 quarters. He said he watched him come into the waiting room and was a few doors away from us and he was so impressed that he never heard him cry! As for the Cameron's dog, his days are numbered! He has had a few other incidents with children and is a 10 year old crotchety old man. I heard they have to wait 10 days to put him down to see if he had rabies. I am so grateful for good friends and neighbors who watched over my family in my absence.

We were gone about 2 hours and when we returned and pedaled into our neighborhood I saw a large group of kids and adults congregated on the street and this is when I heard that the Cameron's dog just bit McKay and one of our neighbors took him up to the ER. I rode home and hopped in the car and headed to the hospital stinky body and bike clothes and all. When I got there Rob Raschke, my neighbor, was holding McKay on his lap and McKay was whimpering a bit. It was pretty scary and traumatic for him. I am so grateful for attentive and caring neighbors who jump in to take care of my kids when I couldn't. Dave and Dave Cameron came in a little after me and we all watched as our new neighbor and new oral surgeon friend, Jeff DaBell, stitched him up. McKay did great. No crying! Very brave boy! Unfortunately he's had some practice in the bravery department. He got 7 stitches. As we were walking out of the ER an older man came up to me and asked me to give my son 4 quarters. He said he watched him come into the waiting room and was a few doors away from us and he was so impressed that he never heard him cry! As for the Cameron's dog, his days are numbered! He has had a few other incidents with children and is a 10 year old crotchety old man. I heard they have to wait 10 days to put him down to see if he had rabies. I am so grateful for good friends and neighbors who watched over my family in my absence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun sport! It's so great it's something you can do with Dave too.
Poor McKay. I love dogs but they can be scary sometimes.
Way to go Steph! You are brave for biking that much, that is so awesome! Sorry to hear about McKay's dog bite, I'm glad he is OK!
I like your speedy bikes
when are you going to update your blog. I look everyday for updates and am turned away dissapointed.
Post a Comment