Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Aladdin


Last week Aubrey and Breanna both tried out for the Mystique play Aladdin. This play will run the entire month of July and August and cast members can only be from 10-18 years old. We just found out last night that Aubrey was casted but Breanna was not. We were really sad for Breanna because she wanted to do another play so badly. Last summer all 3 girls were in the Wizard of Oz as Munchkins and it was such a good experience for them and it kept them busy during the summer. It is so tough when one child makes it and the other does not. Well last night when I went to the parent meeting we found out that they did not cast over 100 auditioners and did not take any/many 10 year olds. A handful of girls that Breanna really wanted to hang out with in the play did not get casted either. When I came home and told Breanna this information it seemed to soften the blow a bit. I think we have talked her into participating in Highland's girls basketball camp and possibly BYU basketball camp this summer.
Aubrey was casted as a street mouse. Now she starts rehearsals this Saturday and Mystique will have control over our lives for the entire summer! I complain about it now but when it is all said and done I am always grateful for the confidence, relationships and experience she gains from participating in these shows.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Breanna Maye excels in other ways. She has so many other talents..I am happy for Auberito.

Jess and Whitni said...

Poor Breanna... but I'm sure this will be a great learning experience for her and help her shine and realize the many dozens of other talents her Father in Heaven has given her! =0)

PS Congrats Aubrey! That will be so much fun for her!

Kristi said...

Oh, I know how hard it is when one child gets what both are aiming for. That happened at a dance competition with my girls. Masi got a medal during the dance off and Lexie didn't. Such a hard lesson to learn, but a good one just the same. Pick yourself up, dust off, and try again! Your kids are so cute!