Sunday, June 5, 2011

Friday the 13th

I'm not a supersitious person but we did have a small problem on this last Friday the 13th in May. I was helping Karalee clean out her knee high forest of thick weeds in her flower beds and we had just gotten back from the nursery where we purchased some flowers. School had just gotten out and Grant was excited to see my kids and play with them. Grant was driving McKay's Lightning McQueen power wheel and Hallie was sitting on the back of it with him. They rode from our house to Grant's house which is 2 blocks away. The first thing I hear is Hallie screaming and holding her head and blood is everywhere. We had been using my Dad's truck and the tailgate was down as we were unloading the flowers we had just purchased. Apparently Grant rode under the tailgate with McQueen and made the clearance but Hallie did not :( I immediately left with Hallie and called our friend and oral surgeon Jeff DaBell to see if he was available to sew her up. Luckily he was and he met us at his office. This saved us an emergency room visit. He is always so good to help us out. He sewed up McKay's ear after his dog bite. Hallie was so brave and did not cry at all with Dr. DaBell. She just wanted to get it fixed.



1 comment:

Bryan and Karalee said...

Poor Hallerito. I still feel terrible about this, and Grant does too. He remond me every day that "Hallie got blood." I don't think he will ever foget it, he was more scared then Hallie, she was pretty brave! Im glad you are feeling better Hallie.