Well, the last few months I have been asking myself why I blog. It seemed like I was spending the time blogging and then would have to turn around and scrapbook all my pictures in our albums. I know I can make this blog into a book but I've already started what I've started with the albums. I've spent so much $$ on scrapping supplies and I'd hate to not use it. I was about a year and a few months behind in my scrapbooking and it was weighing on my mind. So, I decided with the new year I was going to tackle my pictures and scrapbooking again. For me it is easier to do this in the winter when I have less to do. It has been a job! It has taken me HOURS, but I am happy to report that I am current to December 2009! (Although I still have 2 big trips to add to our vacation book. This will take another day.)
My point in blogging about this is that my blog actually helped me scrapbook. I copied and pasted my blog entries into a Word document and printed out my "journaling" to add to each page. I found that there was more detail in my blog entry that I would have left out if I just tried to journal about it in the scrapbook now after all those months. So there is a purpose in doing both!
Just like the Book of Mormon and the Bible (Dave had me add this), I can see how both the blog and the scrapbooking go hand in hand. :) I know my blog has been boring lately but I've now caught my 2nd wind.
P.S. I am now venturing into the world of digital scrapbooking. I will occationally scrapbook the traditional way if I already have all the supplies but I am not going to buy any more supplies! Dave will be happy to hear this.
8 comments:
I've given up scrapbooking. I got our wedding done and that's about it. So sad. I do think someday, when I have more time, I will do some digital scrapbooking. But for now I'm just really good at organizing all of our digital photos in the software we have. Good for you--getting caught up!
I am working on getting caught up. I just finished 2004. Yes I know, I am WAY behind. But it has been a lot of fun remembering everything as I go through the pictures. Someday I'll move to digital scrapbooking, just not yet.
Your thinking is smart, my dear sister. I am with you....digital scrap booking is the new way.
Way to go getting caught up in scrapbooks. You are right, it can be WAY expensive! I am so far behind I don't think I'll ever get caught up. Nice work Steph!!!
I was scrapbooking before anyone knew what it was. :) I have really enjoyed it. For the first time I have found myself a year behind. I find myself wondering if it has all been wasted time? The kids used to love going through the pictures and would spend hours looking through the books. Not so much lately though. Will they be the things that no one knows what to do with when Roger and I are gone? Not that we're going anywhere any time soon but I'm wondering for the first time if I should continue working one them.
Oh, one more thing. PLEASE keep blogging. Once a week I go through my list of blogs. I love to see how all the "Taylor" family is doing.
Mom, I think that you need to update your blog sista! It is time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am really serious!! Please update!! Love ya mom!
Breanna :)
What are you doing by the way??? Besides typing and reading!!! Don't forget to update!!!
I am with you all the way Manna from Heaven!! PLEASSSE Update Steph
Post a Comment