These pictures were taken in front of the Dalmahoy Marriott where we stayed in Edinburgh. It is an old Scottish manor turned into a hotel.
We drove from Edinburgh, Scotland to Preston, England where we checked into another hotel for one night. We stayed in Preston so we could catch our flight in Manchester the next day.
Before we went to watch Transformers II (which by the way is a total bomb) I went to the business suite to get on the computer and check us in for our flight the next morning and I noticed that the seat assignments that we had had been changed and now our seats were unassigned. We made an international roaming call to Delta and were fighting on the phone for about 30 minutes and still did not have the issue resolved. When we checked in our bags at the airport we were told that we had been upgraded to business elite. We were so spoiled on the 6 hour flight to Atlanta! We were reclining with thick blankets and full size pillows on an airplane! We had drinks and food the whole time, in fact, I didn't want to sleep in case I missed one of the snacks or drinks. The food was all served on dishes and a warm wash cloth was given to us before each meal. It would have been better to not know what we have been missing out on. We were back in "coach" from Atlanta to Salt Lake and seemed to be more miserable than usual.
We got home at about 9:30 pm last night and it was so good to see the kids! They were excited to see what we brought them. McKay loved his mace, ball and chain and his Knight costume that we picked up at Warwick Castle. The girls loved their wallets and purses we picked up for them in Scotland. It feels so good to be home in our own bed and not living out of a suitcase. I love vacation but I love to be home sweet home.
Thanks especially to my Mom for watching the kids for 11 days and taking such great care of them. They had a really great time and did so many fun things. Thank you also to my brothers, sister and sister in laws for stepping in when needed and helping out. We had such a great time and made some great memories. Thanks again!
8 comments:
What a fun vacation, and you got to do so many wonderful things! I bet it was great for Dave to go back and visit his mission. I'm jealous!
Also, Bryan says Delta is famous for overbooking and so then they have to unassign seats. Also, I love McKay's costume.
I am so glad you are home safe and sound!!!! And that you had a great time!!!!
What a wonderful trip! I am glad you got to go do so many things. It makes me want to go to.
WOW it looks like you guys had an amazing trip!!!!!! All those pictures were so fun to look at! Glad to hear you are home safe and sound! =0)
Hey mom! Same as my last comment before you left. You need to update. I get bord easily. :) love ya tons!
Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!!!! Josh and I would like to visit there some time....sometime when I get over my flying issues :)
One month with out blogging....
Post a Comment